View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Label View Post
Yes, you have it right in the sound of Ziricote being between the blanca and negra models. I owned a Studio blanca and played a ziricote Ltd model. It was darker and slightly more full sounding than the cypress. I also owned the 55FCE blanca and 55FCE Ltd ziricote models and the ziricote was also a bit more full bodied than the cypress there as well. But the rosewood Cordobas that I've had were more full-bodied than the ziricotes. It definitely sits right between cypress and rosewood, combining traits of each.
Thanks a million! That clears up the muddy water for me very much. I am still on the fence about whether to buy a GK Pro blanca or this Ziricote model. I rarely play plugged in, so if tone is pretty consistent between the Studio and Pro blanca, I don't see much advantage to the additional purchase of the same (tonal guitar). However, I will take solid wood all day long over a laminate if there is tremendous differences in tone. I did not find that to be the case looking at the C7 and C10 (that I purchased), but the C10 was a factory blem and I was able to acquire for just a couple hundred dollars more than a new C7.