View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhunter View Post
While I often read posts to the contrary, in the case of blanca and negra Cordoba GK Studios at least, the laminate backs and sides do communicate the character of the wood in a relatively expected fashion. I don't know if this is because of the way Cordoba makes their laminate or some other hidden feature, but every lam rosewood has been similar, every lam cypress is similar and the blancas and negras are different from each other.

I don't know ziricote but I would expect, if Cordoba is using the same laminate method, the ziricote sound would carry over. Good luck sorting it out.

hunter
Yes, I agree completely with what you said. I think they have done a good job nailing the sound of the solid woods with the laminate counterparts. Keeping in mind that the "laminates" are real wood bookending the middle material, it stands to reason that this would be the case.
I know the Ziricote is from the rosewood family, but prior to getting into classical guitars, I had never heard of it before. I wished there were more examples on youtube to listen to. I can hear some rosewood characteristics in a couple of vidoes, but I also hear a little more pep than traditional rosewood. This one may possess the best of the Studio cypress and the Studio negra. I'm hoping to get more hits on this from those who have one or actually have played one. Thanks for the input.