View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 09:59 AM
Guest 928

Benderman;

Thank you for the information and picture of the Ovation Viper, it is a new one for me. It's a beautiful looking guitar and the Ovations that I have played have been very nice.

My Godin was an easy playing, sweet sounding instrument and I've sometimes regretted selling it. The Turner is a quite different instrument with its particularly hot pickup system. The Godin and Turner, like the Chet Atkins, seemed heavy to me. I want a light weight electric.

I also want an electric with no sound holes. Part of that desire comes from my liking for the Danelectro U2, another guitar that I sometimes think I should have kept--unfortunately it was steel strung.

The Kirk Sand may be the closest nylon string electric to fit my desire, but it is way out of my price range for a try-out. And so, in looking to try out a hole- less guitar I'm heading for the low end, the previously mentioned inexpensive guitars. If I like the fit of an inexpensive instrument then I may try to talk Alistair into a custom CF rendition.