View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthumb
have you played enough of these things to know that for sure or is this just "forum" hearsay with a bit of snobbery? Not being ugly but, I know Estaban is a favorite "whipping boy" for this forum and I can't find fault in this thing if its not represented as more than a beginner's guitar. I admit to my own ignorance on this. Never encountered them before this forum and the one I "inherited".
hard to believe a guy with a name like Estaban is Chinese though....
Didn't read the rest of the thread. Sorry, If I'm repeating. This IS represented as being "as good as" or comparing to a Martin 40 series. This is a joke. Not a funny one. Comparing his plywood el-junko to a high-end Martin is a travesty.

If I were CF IV, I'd sue the guy. "hey, lookit my 5k guitar! Mine's just as good for 1/10th the price (or less)." Right.Sure. Esteban may be a marketing genius, but his guitars have no cred on the street. They blow chunks. Read the reviews and the poor folks who have been suckered in by these. Sad.

1992 Taylor 855
2000 Deering Sierra

2009 Recording King RD-16SN ~ "utility"
2009 Martin HD-28