View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohachris View Post
Aloha rnantel,

Man, you move fast!

Since you're on the move, What live vocal mics are you considering? Are you considering guitar mics too?
Regarding moving fast, this was one of those "right place at the right time" moments. I keep reading great things about the Allen & Heath ZED 12 FX on this forum so I searched for it on my local Craigslist and Kijiji and found one just a few miles away. The seller was selling it because he has upgraded to a larger Allen & Heath mixer.

Aloha Chris, YES!!! I need mic recommendations. FYI, my singer and I play pretty mellow stuff (Norah Jones, Eva Cassidy, Celtic ballads, etc.) We will not be screaming into the mic ever. I need recommendations for good but affordable mics to play live in small venues and to record onto my computer using the new mixer.

Right now, I don't think I'll be mic-ing my guitar. The Taylor sounds fabulous through the soundboard using its built-in Expression system. With the delay and reverb on the board, I get a lovely Pat Metheny type acoustic sound, which I love.

You guys were right on the mark for the mixer. Bring on the microphone recommendations please!

Thanks
Richard