View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum205 View Post
...I'm looking for something to enhance my sound, and allow me offer a slightly different sound from time to time. I'm not looking for heavy distortion, just something to add some variety from time to time, as opposed to the sound of just going straight into the PA. I have used a chorus pedal in the past, and it seemed to work well. Would a compression pedal be worthwhile? Would a DI make a difference in sound quality? Is there something else out there that you are using that you would recomend?
Hi Jack...
The two best enhancements to the guitar in worship are a good keyboardist and a great bassist...better than any pedal. A third enhancement is to sing in tune...I'm not kidding about any of the three.

Give me a good guitarist without effects if you have these three and we will create a dynamite sound! Pedals don't substitute for talent...

If I were forced to use a pedal it would be chorus or phase, and in that order. Perhaps a tiny bit of Delay (I own a Line6 delay for my electric and use if mostly for looping).

Are you looking for some fullness that seems to be lacking or motion when you are not busily strumming?

Compression won't do it, nor distortion for all-encompassing light pick-me-ups. Flanging and tremelo are very specific to certain sounds/songs and not universal tools.

Chorus is what most folks use because it can pretty much be turned on and forgotten and still sound ok.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…