View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Charter Member

thanks Eever...I will search for those threads.

My experience has been good so far. I had a false start after I had calculated all the needed dial settings based on the EQ curves from that other thread, based on the manual for the EQ3B. Then I realized that the bands on my unit are different than shown in manual (ie. my low is actually 20Hz-300Hz...not 20Hz-800Hz as shown in manual). Once I realized that the face dial (ranges for 3 bands) in the manual did not match mine...I was able to get a very natural tone through headphones and my ultrasound amp. I have used it through PA at church (yesterday) but I was not able to do any testing or evaluation in the rush to ready for our service.

I will post my settings later so others can compare. If you have your settings...that you like best...please post them.

This is a nice little unit, and I did A/B comparison with my other 7 band stompbox EQ (very noisy in comparison) and Boss unit with 4 band (bass, mid, treble, presence) also noisy in comparison and much less control.

thanks!
Collings 290, Suhr Antique Classic Limited Edition Roasted, PRS Silver SkyFender Super Champ XD, Boss Katana 100, Helix Floor