View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
I have a question for anyone that has used the BodyRez. Does it really color the signal? I'm curious if you say; used a Lyric, other mic pickup or actual mic and then A/B the BodyRez does it still sound like your guitar only EQ/enhanced, or does it then sound like a totally different guitar?

I have looked at videos with it off and on but that is going through a the Play or Vl unit and I have no idea if the sound without BodyRez is a good representation of the guitar to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I demo'd it on 4 guitars yesterday and through a Fishman Loudbox and then through a 300 watt PA. The guitars we tried were;

a. the Little Martin
b. Ovation CC24
c. Gibson J35
d. Gibson something else...cutaway..newer model.

We had 5 of us in the room sampling. All experienced players. We swapped instruments, swapped amps, all through the Body Rez.

Results

In every case the Body Rez improved the sound remarkably. It made the Little Martin boom, the Gibson UST was a horrid little quack which opened into a full sound with the body rez engaged. The Ovation was extraordinary, it just filled the frequencies. The other Gibson cutaway sounded amazing as well.

It got so really, without it, the sounds were unlistenable. Like when ya have tasted good beer, cheap beer aint so great. You cannot go back.

This was just body rez right into the PA or Fishman with no effects. So this thing, well, I am getting one tomorrow. It literally changes your life. All that money you spend on that amazing Gibson .... it brings it back to life. Cannot say enough about it.

I use a processor, I will put that after the body rez. I might have to dump the processor and get a reverb and chorus, to preserver the body rez tone!

One dang purchase leads to another. But yeh, all of us concluded it was a must have for USTs.