View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 11:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEK View Post
Rog,
Building can be like a dance at times, one step forward, two steps back. Hang in there
I'm hoping to inlay a few more fret markers today. I barely have enough inlay material left from the sides, so there's no room for error. We shall see how it goes.

Update: Additional inlays are in, for better or worse. They're not great, and the alignment isn't perfect, but they're better than the first batch I made, so there's progress.

I also bound the fingerboard. Later I will radius it and call it done until fretting. I'm making a purposefully wide neck (2" at the nut) to see how I like it. I tend to like wider nuts in general (1 13/16 or 1 7/8) and play the classical guitar, so I've been curious about a steel string with a classical-ish wide fingerboard.

Update #2: I realized later my first inlay was on fret 9, instead of 12 as intended. D'oh. So I made a few more for frets 5, 12 and 17.

Except my 5th fret inlay is actually at the 4th fret.

Double d'oh.

So now I feel like a complete idiot. I'll probably leave it as is as a curiosity, and only work on the guitar when I've had enough sleep.

Last edited by rogthefrog; 05-20-2017 at 05:10 PM.