View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylcrisp View Post
nice find.
both look very cool.

are both flat fretboards?
and does the new acquisition have a weber tailpiece?

did you get a good price from CarterVintage? they always have some interesting pieces, I've yet been able to work a deal with them though.

d
Flat boards and jumbo frets on both. The Artist does have a Weber tailpiece, its pretty nice cast bronze. I'll never find a gold Flatiron tailpiece so I thought I might change to a gold James. It just sounds so good now I'm leery of screwing around with it.

Carter had it priced pretty low to start with, that's what drew my initial interest. When I talked to them about condition it does have some playwear, they offered to knock off a couple hundred more and have their shop do some touch up so I took it. Given the prices some dealers are asking for Montana made artist models, I'm pretty happy with the deal. Their prices don't seem out of line overall, they just carry some very expensive stuff. I joke that Walter and I are buds now since I bought the third or fourth least expensive instrument in the shop. I'm waiting for my invitation to come down and make a video with one of his Loars.