View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 11:33 AM

Default Acoustic Modeling Processors and K&K Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieterh View Post
I’m curious what works with the Pure Mini too. The various options of Aura are designed to work with USTs but I’ve heard reports of good results with SBTs like the Pure Mini too.

I’ve also heard great things about the Tone Dexter which because the user creates the images together with a mic and the unit it is well suited to the Pure Mini.

I’m also keen to try TC’s Bodyrez which simulates a guitar’s own resonance and adds it to the pickup (which reproduces mainly string vibrations and not the rest of the guitar’s contribution to the sound we hear). On demos the Bodyrez sounds very impressive and may be all that is needed to give that extra something live.

Here are things that I’ve tried with K&K with reasonable success. I don’t own the Aura pedal.

Zoom A3
Zoom AC-2
TC Bodyrez Pedal
TC Play Acoustic

I’m presently waiting on the arrival of the Tonedexter I ordered.

I was able to mimic the BodyRez effect using a digital mixer with parametric EQ, high and low filters, compression, and ambiance Reverb effect. It worked well too.

I also find that anything that works well with K&K tends to sound good with ES2. ES2 is an incremental improvement on K&K to my ears. The onboard control makes it more useful without outboard equipment.