View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Roy - great song, great story. I love your voice. And talking while playing a steady rhythm is harder than singing and playing -- for me, anyway.
Thank you kind sir! It's my one and only talk/sing type song. The line "my singing is atrocious and my playing's even worse" is pretty much a quote of what I was told! It happened here but was quite a long time ago, and there certainly were more positives than negatives at the time but when you're new, something like that can really destroy your confidence. As it all turned out, things were patched up and we all moved on and I got kind of a creative funny song about it. The story of the song was actually was inspired by Taylor Swift's career at the time. Through each verse, the singer's career keeps going up and up even though the "critic" says the singer sucks. At that time, the internet boards were full of amateurs and semi-pros talking about how crappy her music was and yet somehow she got more and MORE popular. IRONICALLY, in the last few days I've been reading about how "horrible" her new song is. I guess things don't really change do they?? Thanks for the listen and the kind words.

Ranger's Soundclick page

Roy's Reverbnation page