View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 08:55 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
Congratulations on what appears to be the ultimate Chimaera, OP.

I appreciate the detailed information of your post very much. Funny how "tried and true" 510's and steel trussrods solved some issues with previous designs. Personally, I did not care for the idea of CF tuners when it came up in a discussion of a planned Bari/12, now tabled. Your experience about these, and the new electronics, has made me glad I've waited.

I now plan on a 6/12 when corcumstances warrant, with additional details tbd.

What I'd really like is a 6/12 slothead, though cost may preclude that. Opinions??

Finally, play in good health, and with gusto!
Thanks Mark. It is quite the guitar. Regarding the slotted headstocks, they are beautiful and desireable, to be sure. The cost for two certainly would be high. I'm not sure if Alistair has actually crafted a 12 string slotted headstock with his design. You'll have to ask. Athough such a design might be strong enough to handle the tension, I could be wrong, but it may need to be quite long/large to accommodate 12 open tuning machines which might look a little strange. But maybe not. Good luck in working toward owning a Chimaera. As I've said, it is a fun guitar to play.