View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 06:12 PM

Default I can appreciate that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdiel
Would you mind posting your "specific" questions again. Apart from "how much are they" I'm having trouble finding them?

Let me give you some specifics. (If I seem passionate about this...I am. I have a relative duped into buying one of these and I also happen to teach marketing among other things so I am particularly offended by the way he sells his rubbish.)

Sound: Volume was very low...a very dead sounding guitar. The sound that did droop out of it was thin. No low end at all worth mentioning. If I picked it up as brand new..with the fit and finish in perfect condition along side of the Samicks and Seagulls that are also sold by my local shop I'd have strummed it about twice and put it down. $50 would be to much for it.

Fit and Finish: The original color of the fingerboard..."wood?"...was showing through the stain. The finish was gloss but very uneven. Looks like they gave it about one coat with a rag and didn't bother to touch up any uneven spots. The finish was bubbled up in places. It had dings in a few places...I'm going to give Esteban the benifit of the doubt and not blame him for those....but everywhere it was dinged the finish had chipped off as well. I will give it this much.....the frets were still stuck to the fretboard....fairly uncommon to these guitars I'm given to understand.
The "gold" was coming off of the tuners.

Hope this helps.

Anyway....I'm sorry if this got too heated or out of hand. Nothing personal at all. I just really can't stand this guy's little scam.
But I gota tell ya, that doesn't discribe the one I got at all...funny.