View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 09:43 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleneck View Post
Your a goner! Lol I’m looking forward to your review of the Savoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar911 View Post
Tom,

I have to work today, but I will answer all your questions when I get home later this evening. Here are a couple of general answers. Yes, I do plan to keep the Cargo. It has a place for me in the future, just not the one it has occupied in the past. Yes, I have played a number of small-bodied guitars and own several, but my experience with small composite guitars is limited to the Cargo and the Savoy, so I can't speak to the small Emeralds, Rain Songs, CF Blackbirds, etc. I have played several standard sized CF guitars and found them to be brighter and "harsher" than the Cargo, which is one of the reasons I went with the Cargo. The Savoy is a game changer that gives woody tones and louder volumes in a relatively care-free, small bodied guitar. If that's what you're looking for, you may have found it. For my tastes, I got the sounds and the feel I hoped to find. Although I have little natural musical talent myself, I grew up in a family with generations of outstanding classical musicians and played the viola from my youth through college, so I my ear is tuned to the use of natural materials for musical instruments. I'm sure that the use of flax is one of the reasons I find the sound of the Savoy so pleasing, but there are many design features of the Savoy that make everything work well. Joe and his crew used good materials and built something very special with them.

Allan
Great, thanks so much, Allan. Please also indicate if the Savoy and Cargo were leaps of faith or tried in advance of buying.