View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
In the UK the first road is called a dual carriageway, and the second would be very unusual to be that wide and probably have a line of parked vehicles on both sides.
Here where I live, we no longer have many carriages. They began disappearing about the time electricity came to town. (Neither of those shots came from my area, they were freebies off the 'net that seemed to illustrate what I meant.)

I love the fact that the AGF is multi-national! Though we all use what we call English, we use it differently, and I enjoy learning some of these differences. It's a fascinating language, one in which a house can burn up and down simultaneously! We even have words with opposite meanings, such as recover. In one sense, recover means to hide away, as in the wear and tear on an old chair to make it look new again. But recover can also mean to bring out of hiding, as when an Ovation is found safe and sound among the debris after being washed away in a flood.

I've decided I also like being called Sir cotten, and shall henceforth refer to myself this way, in the third person as often as possible. At least for the next ten minutes or so, when my wife gets home.

Sir cotten