View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 12:41 AM
Charter Member

Sounds like you did a great job, and that you're learning how to be at your best in a solo gig... I also like to sit, just never felt all that good standing up with an acoustic guitar in my hands... I've done it when singing for folks int he hospital or at an old folks home, but not in a situation where I really wanted to give my best performance...

I've been playing and singing with an acoustic guitar for 45 years or so... after years of every different imaginable PA set-up (not too many acoustic-y amps, though), I am SO THRILLED with my Bose L1 Model I Classic! It truly is everything I ever wanted in a PA for a solo guitar and vocal, ever since I started playing out...

I got mine used for a great price, good enough that I also got one of the little Bose T1 Tone Generator/mixer gizmos... and I couldn't be happier with it. It's not quite as much of a "no-brainer" to set up or cart as the Fishman unit, but I feel the sound is unparalleled for audiences up to 100 or more...

You will find that performing at your best is hard enough to replicate, night after night; having a great sound system takes at least one of the worries off your shoulders!

"The Cape" (Guy Clark/Jim Janowsky/Susanna Clark)