View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 09:41 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Whoa! You mean guitar manufacturers aren't just making guitars for the sheer love of it?

Great thread - interesting to see how these are made.
Yes it is. I wish all the manufacturers would do something similar, but I'm sure there are proprietary processes they don't want revealed...to competitors. It causes me to wonder about the variability among builders as to how, and at what cost, they each achieve their respective outputs. We can see how elaborate and expensive the CA undertaking was/likely still is. We've heard about the cost for Rainsong to produce their molds, and limits in flexibility, so their equipment and processes must also be pretty elaborate. Then we see how flexible and relatively reasonably priced Emerald guitars are in the scheme of things, which causes me to wonder if they have developed a more streamlined, efficient approach and processes. Of course, we'll never really know for sure. I find it interesting to ponder though.