View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post
Absolutely beautiful tone on this guitar. My I inquire as to what the back and side wood is?
Also...What mics did you use for this recording...it is coming out crystal clear.

The back and sides are bubinga, not that it makes ANY difference on my guitars. All you get is the sound from the soundboard. The back and sides (on my work) is decoration. No more, no less. I tell folk this, but they just don't believe me!

I've no idea what the mikes are, ask Ian who did the recording. There is a link under the video on YouTube.

What you have to keep in mind is my work has a totally different "voice" from what has become popular these days - the Somogyi sound. That sound is popular for good reason, I love it, but it's not the only "voice" out there. It would be fair to say I come from the "Sobell" school, not that there is such a thing. But that was my starting point - working for Stefan, for many years. And that Sobell sound is totally different from anything...everything else out there.

My guitars sound super clear, and as a result, really suit dropped tunings. They are also rather easy to record, that's two of the reasons Ian plays them. He does a lot of recording and he messes about with tunings and keys all the time.

Nigel
www.nkforsterguitars.com