View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 07:08 PM

I don't believe it is correct to request for the buyer to pay PayPal fees, it would make it easier to include the fees in the price of the item.
I had a PayPal account about 15 years ago, never again. As it turned out fraudulently, someone somewhere charged over $2000 to my account. eBay would not get involved, took many email messages and numerous phone calls to attempt to clear things up, which never happened. To top it off I had to submit affidavits (had to pay lawyers fees) to get absolutely nothing back. Last figure I had was just under $3000 (PayPal & lawyer fees), never got a penny back.
Call me stupid if you can, but I am from the old school, my handshake means more than anything. I have purchased a couple of items via this forum, I will submit full payment for the item (bank money order in US funds), once the seller has received full payment, he/she ships the item. I have never been cheated, obviously there are still some of us with some integrity left in this world.
One transaction the seller quoted certain amount for shipping, I submitted payment plus the quoted shipping fee, the seller stated he would send the item prior to the payment being received, I got the item, he received the payment, as it turns out he quoted me the wrong shipping fee and shorted himself, we exchanged messages and once I became aware he had made a mistake with the shipping fee, I gladly submitted the amount he was short.
This gentleman is an active member in this forum and he was a pleasure doing business with.