View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 10:01 AM

A really nice review from arranger, conductor, Steve Mauldin:

You do NOT want to miss this show. Deborah and I celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary last night at the Tim Rushlow big band show at the Nashville Palace. WOW! WHAT A SHOW. I admit to a personal bias since they did play several of my arrangements from two of Tim's albums, but setting that aside, the BEST brass players in town, coupled with the TIGHTEST rhythm section, including the fabulous Paul Leim on drums and original charts from Nelson Riddle and Quincy Jones just blew the roof off the place. I had so much fun. And yes, Luck be a Lady Tonight DID HAVE Steve Patrick taking that upper line in the solo section playing a screaching Bb. The show features songs by Frank Sinatra, Bobby Darin, Dean Martin all played to perfection by the 24 piece big band. Then in December the show switches to a Christmas show and I am sure Tim will be singing most of the Christmas album we did together. Not only do you not want to miss this show, Nashville NEEDS this type of show to be successful. It employed musicians, it employs us arrangers, and it is a nice alternative from the endless country writers venues where songwriters sing to other songwriters who are waiting their turn to sing to the remaining songwriters who have not left yet. Go see this show. Nashville Palace, across from Opryland Hotel, Friday and Saturday nights and during Christmas, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. I highly recommend it.