View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 05:49 AM

Default 19 upcoming gigs in Nashville

I've got 19 gigs coming up in Nashville with Tim Rushlow's Big Band at The Nashville Palace in November/December. Should be fun. They're turning the place into a 1965 dinner club complete with red carpet, and the ticket price includes a top shelf dinner and drinks.

I'm looking forward to playing guitar with Tim and the great musicians he has assembled. These guys range from Jeff Coffin of the Dave Matthews Band, to Paul Leim (drummer on tons of hit songs, Return Of The Jedi, etc.), to guys who have recorded/toured with Prince, Elton John, Paul Simon, James Brown, Henry Mancini, etc., etc., etc.

As a guitarist it is a great experience to play with this band. You have to be Guitar George and know all the chords. The charts are like calculus and some are 100 m.p.h. The arrangements are by the likes of Quincy Jones and Nelson Riddle and were done for Sinatra, Dean Martin, etc, back in the day, and the estate of Bobby Darin has given Tim access the Bobby's big band arrangements which haven't been performed live since 1965.

Also, Tim's album which I played on is in the prelims for a Grammy in the Traditional Pop Vocal Category. Hope it makes the final nominee list - we'll know in late November.

If your in Nashville and looking for a good date night, here is the info. We are also playing New Years Eve, but they don't have that listed yet.

Here is an example of one of the charts - note this is sections I, J, and L - these aren't A-B-A-B tunes