View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 10:27 AM

This is a tough one - so much depends as noted on what amp you're using and what sounds you're trying to achieve. In HS I only had an amp and one pedal (Roland JC50 and a Proco Rat) - but the amp had built in chorus and reverb. In college I had an amp and two pedals - a Peavey Renown 100 and an Ibanez TS10 and Boss CE2 - the amp had reverb and an OK overdrive channel although I often used the TS10 into the clean or into the gain with the amp set to a low gain). Later I had a Twin Reverb and the same two pedals which worked just fine. But that was driven by the kind of music I was playing at any of those times - lots of 80s/90s alternative - not a lot of high gain stuff - so the chorus was pretty key and an overdrive to get crunch was key.

Currently - hmmm it's a tougher question - one pedal it would probably still be an overdrive - in my case a T Rex Moller that has a gain and clean boost built into one pedal and allows me to blend wet and dry signals - works well with both my amps and gives me a lot of options.

If two:

T Rex Moller and
TC Electronic Flashback delay - the huge range of effects can get a reverb ish sound for the amp without reverb - slapback - tape and reverse and classic digital plus the TonePrint library
PRS Custom 24
Rickenbacker 330
Teles (too many)

Bad Cat Cub III 30R
Goodsell Super 17
Vintage Sound VS22

Too many pedals!