View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 05:43 PM

Thanks for the encouragement!

Yes, gluing the FB on later would be safer as far as giving one last chance to align it- that seems like a good bet.

Thursday I will have a new bandsaw blade and will dado the truss rod slot then cut the neck to a bit oversize, then see if it changes shape and what the fit is like.

The neck was made from some 6/4 honduran I had laying around for ten years or so- it is nice dense old stock with a bit of ribbon figure, not ideal but if it does not end up well, at least I will be able to build a new neck..!!!

The grain is about 30 degrees off the quarter, originally I was going to laminate a contrasting strip down the center , then figured if I got the neck even slightly off center it would stand out something awfull! Stack laminating it may have been a wiser choice- one way to find out.

The layout on paper has the strings 5/32" to 3/16" above the bridge, with a dead flat neck and FB.. This is with 1/16"+ space at the 12th fret. This seems like it should be a workable angle, as with a little bow in the neck that height should drop a little, yes?

Do double acting truss rods normally get installed with the U shape up, or inverted?