View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
It seems every time I read about a NGD here on the CF forum a short time later I see the guitar on the for sale list? A shorty, lucky 13, om, shorty sg and several others in the past month or so.
Is everyone dumping them to buy Emeralds??? Seems all the posts are dominated as of late by them.
I wish I could try one so I could experience this magic, must really be special!!
It's making me want to get one too,,,,this fever may be the greatest advertising method ever devised!! LOL
Hi Jerry,

Some years back, there was a dealer run forum dedicated to carbon guitars, and although I didn't participate, I would check in regularly, and it was pretty much the same thing, Emerald dominated the conversation, seemed every other thread had Emerald in the title. I was so impressed by all the chatter, that I contacted Alistair, and we became an Emerald dealer in 2009. Sadly Emerald guitars were not nearly as popular with our clients as they were on the forum, but I'll leave that story for another thread.

Point is, the "fever" being created by all the forum chatter is probably selling some guitars, (it certainly worked on me ) but I can assure you that folks are not dumping their Rainsongs, or Blackbirds to buy Emeralds. In fact, if you do a search, you will see that there were twice as many Emeralds offered for sale on the forum than Blackbirds in 2016.

And yes, there are certainly more used Rainsongs for sale than Emeralds, but that has to do with the sheer number of guitars they sold over the last twenty or so years. FYI, Rainsong builds and sells more guitars every year than the total production of Blackbird and Emerald combined, and they've been doing it more than twice as long, so it makes sense that there would be more used examples for sale.

BTW, congrats on the Shorty, by your review, it sounds like you are bonding rather nicely.