View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 10:52 AM

Thanks for the link poorbs. I went to my sent mail and found the serial number. It's serial #40956, which predates the new dating system according to the link you posted, which means it's older than 1993. I knew it was older as the top is pretty banged up, which is what immediately attracted me to the guitar in the first place. It has soo much character to it lookwise. You can tell the previous owner (owners?) really enjoyed playing it as it is worn in quite well. The sides and back are in excellent shape, as well as the neck (I love the width of the neck by the way). As soon as I picked it up and started playing it just felt "right". The sound is astonishingly full, woody and warm. As I said, it is listed as model "6" which also predates the current model system. I'm sure the s6 is based on this particular model. From the looks of it I would say it came from the mid to later 80's, which means the guitar has been given a chance to age, and what a nice job it's done. Personally I think it sounds way beyond the price I paid for it....like in another galaxy beyond.