View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
Mr. Ed, why don't you use the Newtones on your T5 and Rainsong? Since you're straddling both worlds, I think your opinions carry some weight. I also find it interesting that you use Alchemy strings.

----

Jean, I'm not sure I buy into the idea that an appropriate radius on the nut, fretboard and saddle means that there is interference between those aspects of the system and the relief. Further, if there is neck relief, it will affect all the strings equally, as the fretboard relief means the fretboard moves away from perfectly straight equally for all strings. Are you implying that the fretboard moves away at the edges more than the center? You seem to be saying the middle strings are closer to the fretboard, but your explanation was a bit muddled. .

Hmm theoretically if the radius is same on nut, bridge and frets, the string on the distance is *less* on the edge, because the closest distance is measured as angled and the relief setup affects the pure x-vector...

Anyway I am very happy that you share your knowledge with us. The more I think of what you said, the more I am convinced that there is more in this issue than very harsh mathemathics. Your reply is the cleverest I have seen anybody say on string tension systematics.