View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 11:06 AM

Next up, we have this unique PELLERIN GA "Black" Cedar/East Indian Rosewood with a Scoop Cutaway. Out of the 2, this is my personal favourite. I am not usually partial to Cedar due to its excessive warmth/overtones and lack of headroom. However, this guitar is sufficiently bright with an enormous Spruce-like headroom. It does not exude an excessive amount of overtones and warmth as one might expect from Cedar, but just enough to envelope the player in a clear and tasteful manner. It is ideal for fingerstyle, and even strumming if you are after a warm chorus of chords. Quite the perfect Cedar guitar in my books.

The top is a deep jet black and which is beautifully juxtaposed by the Maple purfling. Contrary to popular belief, the black does not smudge very noticeably, which can be easily wiped off. An absolutely beautiful guitar, inside and out.

PELLERIN GA "Black" Cedar/East Indian Rosewood:

Model: GA w/ Scoop Cutaway
Top: "Black" Cedar
Back/Sides: East Indian Rosewood
Upper bout width: 11.81”
Lower bout width: 16.00”
Lower bout depth: 4.60”
Scale length: 25.5”
Body length: 20.00”
Nut width: 1.80”
Saddle width: 2.185”
Rosette: EIR and Paua
Fretboard: Ebony
Binding: Ebony
Purfling: Maple
Bridge: African Blackwood
Case: Hiscox

USD$9,500

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420

Last edited by Marcus Wong; 03-10-2018 at 11:16 AM.