View Single Post
Old 02-29-2024, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
As I noted I too bought a used Lone Star Special and it was the specifically the weight factor that compelled me to sell it. And If I had bought a Head instead of combo I would most likely still own it.

Now I under the notion and attraction of used price vs new for any particular object. But I am unclear as to why anyone would use used prices compared to new prices for different objects as a price complaint criteria for the new price ?? Seems to me that is simply an apples to kumquat situation and if you are not comparing new price to new price it is false equivalence and faulty logic
Please don't misunderstand me on used. I know that distinction well. What is goin on here is realizing for now it is a sunk cost, and what might be my own diminishing returns for any changes I make.

It also just stood out to me from the shopping and trying stuff all that a few Mesa models do, and where people do have a price barrier they could be an option worth considering.

If my Princeton Reverb becomes our son's in long term I'll absolutely be shopping for a lighter tube amp.

I still stand firm on thinking these new Falcons are good in numerous ways among the choices we have for new amps.