View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 05:34 AM

Default Guitar dealers on eBay getting around MAP

I hit many of the AFG sponsor websites, LA Guitar & MacNichol in particular; enough to keep me drooling constantly. I've got a long list of guitars to buy if I hit the lottery!

I also come across some of the same sponsors on eBay, which is fine... a bit like coming across someone familiar. No big deal. The fact that I know them puts them a step above the ones on eBay that I don't know; even if I already know what's in their inventory.

I have some automatic searches on eBay that watch out for particular types of guitars I'm interested in that are for sale as used by an owner.

All that said, I'm really burnt out on dealers (none of which are AFG sponsors) that appear to be working the system by taking a new guitar, walking it out the back door, around the parking lot, and in through the front door and then calling it "used" in order to get around manufacturer MAP. It screws up my search alerts, they clutter my manual searches, and the guitars appear to be "new" although the seller disclaims any ability to use their warranty.

What they're really doing is finding the price at which someone will buy a new guitar that has no warranty.

I guess there's no way to report this to eBay. It's just part of the deterioration of the system.

Is this what it appears to be?
Seagull

Last edited by JayMack; 09-08-2011 at 06:39 AM.