View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 04:27 PM

I'll chime in with some Rainsong info:

Rainsong offers guitars in PA, OM, WS, DR, and JM. The WS is sort of a grand auditorium size, compared to the traditional Parlor PA, Orchestra OM, Dreadnought DR, and Jumbo JM.

If you want something VERY large, the DR and JM models are big, loud, and huge-sounding. You probably can't find a louder acoustic than a Rainsong JM.

For an acoustic-electric that you'll be plugging in, though, the OM and WS bodies are plenty large. The WS has more bass response, whereas the OM has a little clearer tone and note separation.

If you want something bigger than the Cargo, then the PA Parlor body is probably not on your list, although it's a tone monster for it's size.

For a gig-able guitar, the new Concert Hybrid series is unbeatable. Hybrid carbon/glass back and sides combined with the high-end unidirectional carbon top. Glossy finish on the top, versus a very comfortable matte finish on the back, sides, and neck. LR Baggs electronics for standard plug-in. And a price that is pretty unbelievable considering the features. I own and play the CH-WS model, and it's fabulous, totally pleased with it.

Again, just preaching from my part of the choir here... good luck!