Thread: tacoma guitars?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr1129 View Post
does anyone know anything about these guitars? there is one used in the local shop near me, 650 bucks, so i assume all solid woods and i know for sure its mahogany and spruce, my first impressions sonically werent great, the lows seemed big but muddy and the highs not very present
I have played quite a few Tacoma guitars, and in my opinion they are one of the best values in the guitar world. Whether or not the price is good is not an allowable discussion here, but it depends on the model, since they had quite a range of prices. Not knowing your playing style, it's hard to comment on your sound experience, but some of what you're saying can be affected by the age and condition of the strings. The majority of my experience is with DM9's, and their projection is unmatched by many guitars that in much higher price ranges ... but they are certainly on the homely side if you are big into aesthetics. I have noticed when flatpicking DM9's that they can get a little "muddy" if you play too far out over the soundhole, but you should see a vast difference if you move back toward the bridge. I have never experienced the lack of high end, but we all hear things differently.