View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindellama View Post
Well... If you are more interested in fun and looks and don't care about diference in audio quality go ahead and buy an edwina where you are paying 400+ just for fun and looks.

If your more interested in sound quality and getting much more bang for the buck go with the sm81.

Here is a fair comparison of the two... Similar position, same room, 40's d-18 flatpicked:

Much more detail coming from the sm81. The edwina seems to be lacking something.

I'm also interested in mic'ing for live and was interested in both until I discovered the part about the chinese capsules and the complaints about noise issues.

Just didn't pulled the trigger yet because I don't know if I can just plug-in in whatever amp is available (even vocal/electric guitar amp) and if I'll need more than an ART tube M for these situations.
So, you're using an ART Tube M yet you express the opinion that I don't care about audio quality and you're concerned about cheap components in the Edwina mic. Whatever.

You also attempt to counter what I said was Edwina's greatest strength -- combining voices and guitar -- by providing clips of guitar only. Whatever.

Where exactly is the noise in this clip? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgxgyYlylsw

Oh, it doesn't exist, does it? And you can see how Edwina is struggling to handle two guitars and two voices. Sounds just terrible, doesn't it?

Then you make the statement that no one should care what gear looks like on stage. I guess that's the last word on that.

But wait: don't the Milk Carton Kids have the benefit of a sound man in that clip to make up for the cheap-capsule burdened Edwina mic? Well here's me doubling a guitar part and singing through one with nothing on it but a touch of verb:

https://themilkmen.space/lk-demos-2018

It should also be noted that a human being actually answers the phone at Ear Trumpet Labs, generally the company owner or his wife. Try calling Mr. Shure and see how far you get.