View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindellama View Post
Can you "swap" him under 10 minutes?
I thought about the full anthem... But I don't want to alter the acoustic sound of the guitar, and would still need another pickup. I prefer the amulet m... Great sound without any alterations.
Would use it with a cheaper guitar though... Is it plug'n'play as in plug into any amp and have a decent sound?

Also... Does the Seymour Duncan Woody sound any good? It's suposedly made to be "swapable", not sure if it would be good with the weissenborn (higher strings and all).

And... Is the preamp necessary even with an acoustic oriented combo amp like the loudbox series?
The Seymour Duncan Woody is a good sounding pickup - far better (IMO) than a typical UST. I got an XL version for Christmas. They are fairly low output though, so you may need a preamp depending on the amp/pa being used. They go in and out in well under 5 minutes and are very underrated IMO.

You can also get a pretty good, but inexpensive preamp to tailor your sound and/or boost the volume. We use the Behringer ADI21 and they sound good and are very reliable.

For about 100 bucks you get a decent sounding little system that requires no alteration to your instruments and can be used in any acoustic with the right size sound hole.

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19