View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 12:15 AM
Charter Member

Default Loop Fade

Thank you everyone for the great suggestions. Great playing Doug and a fantastic video and article! Very informative!

I'm a single player so I have to be the rhythm, percussion, vocals, etc. I don't do a lot of soloing mainly because my soloing abilities are limited (but I'm working on it!). Singing has been my forte and to add something to my show I play most of my lead or melody breaks on harmonica. So my main use for a looper is timing. What I was trying to accomplish was to stop my guitar playing and gently have the rhythm track fade out, not so much for guitar parts to fade out. But I have songs that I start and stop my percussion tracks during the song. That's where the problem lies. Never seen a looper you could fade and also completely stop. Like when you stop playing a guitar the sustain of the guitar gives it a natural fade. When you stomp a looper there's no sustain ringing out, it's just an abrupt stop. It never sounded natural to me. I'll do some more experimenting and see what I can come up with.

Thank you everyone!
2014 American Standard Telecaster (Maple Board)Mystic Blue
2008 Fender American Standard Telecaster (Rosewood Board)
1994 Fender 40th Anniversary Stratocaster Caribbean Mist
2011 Martin JC-16RE 50TH Anniversary
2004 Martin J-15
2011 Gibson ES-335 Cherry Red
1993 Continental TriCone