View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 04:33 AM

Default TC Electronic Soulmate Acoustic vs. Boss AD-10

Having given up playing in a covers band where I switched between acoustic/electric/mando/lap steel, so that I can focus on my original material acoustic trio/quartet, I am thinking of selling off most of my pedalboard - some of which I have used for acoustic, but which now seems like overkill (Strymon Bigsky and Timeline, Deco, etc., as well as an OD pedal, trem, boost).

So, I am wondering about replacing the acoustic set-up I had (Baggs Venue DI, bodyrez for when using Piezo [my main guitar runs on a Baggs passive magnetic soundhole pickup], Timeline and Big Sky. I would like to work instead with an all-in-one unit such as the Soulmate or the AD-10.

I understand I won't have anything like the scope for soundscaping that I have with the Strymons, but I am aware I only use a fraction of their power, and an all-in-one-unit would be something I could easily plug in at open mics - currently the big board is reserved for "proper" gigs and I just use the Venue at OMs.

Anyone got any thoughts on the relative merits of the Boss vs. the Soulmate? I have never used a looper but wouldn't mind exploring... but currently it's not a major priority.

thanks in advance for any thoughts.