View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 11:07 AM

Default Washburn Rover (ROMP) EZ Mic Pickup

EDITED: I may be wrong about the name here. It looks like "ROMP" may be more of a model thing than a name. It goes by Rover EZ microphone. END EDIT.

They advertise it as an internal mic for their Rover mini travel guitar, but their website also says that it can be used for any guitar! I contacted Washburn and they confirmed it.

Yes, it requires you to drill 1 hole - the mic IS the end-pin and strap peg and the cable plug. But it's just about $30 (was I not supposed to say it?) and it's a condenser mic. And it seems like a much easier installation than some other internals (especially thinking about battery replacements down the road).

I used to have a "mic-in-tuner" by Wittman, which was a really neat little gadget that clipped to a brace inside the guitar. I liked it, but I had to pay a tech to install it and changing batteries was a pain, especially if you have big hands. Drilling an end-pin hole is easier.

I'll be ordering this mic anyway (how bad can it be, I'm not recording), but I was wondering if anyone else's tried it.

Thanks!

Last edited by Gone_Acoustic; 12-26-2006 at 10:47 AM.