Thread: Epiphone AJ 220
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 02:59 PM
Guest 429

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickthemiller View Post
Has anyone else got an Epiphone AJ 220? I bought one a couple of months ago for £119. A bargain!! I know there has been a lot of hype on Youtube about these guitars but they really are very good. The neck on this thing is about the best I have ever played (and I have played a few - too many) the action was spot on with no need to adjust nut, truss-rod or saddle. The top is solid spruce and looks quarter sawn with nice straight grain. It has a really mellow tone with a good thumping bass. The back and sides are reasonable quality laminate. The neck a mahogany type wood. These really are nice inexpensive guitars and worth a look before they all go.

Don't own one but have played them. Congrats on a great guitar value! Very nice with vocals, and please don't misintepret that comment. For me that's very positive and what I look for in guitars from the gate.

That Epi made the list of Guitar World's best acoustics under $500 (November 2013 issue)...and deservedly. That whole category "irritates" some people, but I'm a big fan of the cheapos (said with affection). I have 2 FS700S Grand Auditorium Yamahas from that same list and love them.

Enjoy it and play the heck out of it!

Last edited by Guest 429; 01-25-2014 at 03:18 PM.