View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachrunner View Post
Good info.

I see what you're saying here in the Allparts bracket vs the mLaval.. Yeah, I guess I should have ordered the Allparts bracket along with the Allparts guard (or the actual Gibson parts), but I ordered both from Amazon - and this is the bracket they suggested for the Allparts guard, so I just went with that.

I never even opened the package with the Allparts guard in it to notice a black plastic block on the back - I just handed it over directly to my tech.

And I bet you're right about the mLaval bracket - it's probably designed to fit "most archtop guitars" - just like the link said... And I also see in your link that the Allparts bracket does have the block..

Next time I'll pay more attention to what I order.. I just assumed the mLaval bracket would fit - since that's what Amazon "suggested" for this Allparts pickguard...

But in retrospect... Always get the guard and the bracket from the same company... Learned a lesson there.

No, I won't be too hard on my tech - he may tell me the same thing you just said here..

So, Chris - you explained it here perfectly - Plain and simple, I ordered the wrong bracket.
I wouldn't worry about it - beautiful guitar Beach and I'm sure the tone is great.

BTW: Made it to CME today but not for the semi hollow bodies but to play Friedman amps ... and of course some great acoustics too.