View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 09:23 PM

Default Seagull Coastline vs Entourage

The coastline guitars usually command a higher price than the entourage series.

Does this suggest that the coastline series is a higher line, better quality guitar versus the Entourage?

I’m new to guitar, and I think I have it boiled down to the Coastline Cedar S6 GT versus the Entourage Mini Jumbo (and perhaps the regular S6 as well) but am having a hard time deciding. They’re both virtually the same price, though my understanding is that the Coastline is ordinarily more expensive. The Entourage Mini Jumbo is at a Guitar Center locally wheras the Coastline is through a retailer on Amazon. Thought that if the Coastline was a better quality of guitar, used better consturction materials, that’d make the choice easier.

I've tried both at a store locally, and I like the comfortable size and neck of the mini jumbo marginally better...but when I play the six chords I know on the wider S6 I don't mind that either and at this early stage I can hit the strings easier, which is nice. Keep going back and forth between the two. As for the quality of the sound, I'm too new to guitar to say which is better.

Don't know if this would play into the decision, but when I learn how to play the thing I'd be interested in delta blues. Not sure if one style of guitar or the nut width would lend itself better to this type of music.

Also, the gloss top on the Coastline. Does that offer a layer of protection on the surface against scratches versus a regular S6, or it purely asthetic?