View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 10:58 AM

My experience was the mid 1970s through 90s (3rd and 4th gen c/k?) were archetypes for American automotive SFQ. In that previous life mine was quite dependent on a GM plant that made them and I recall a few exception Ford purchases just to have less rust, crap falling apart, but the Ford weaknesses too.

Maybe it was a childhood through early adulthood of 2 scrap processors, a farm and recycling center but my goal in life was to not have to drive such crap unless you had to. Now I shake my head to see people that have and want them but don't need them. Maybe it's no need to play super trucker because pickups and real trucks were something I had to drive vs want to???

Oh well, thanks for the memories of patching cab holes with cardboard, the stupid 3 on the tree shifters, carburetors, changing fuel pumps in winter, and being glad I drive a modern station wagon. Maybe it's all relative. I remember friends who had Vegas, a Pinto and Dodge Dart when I had the pickup truck version of such utter crap. That's all probably why I like a one speed bicycle.

I think Kenworths and Peterbilts are the only things I drove in that era that were not SFQ and something that brings good riddance to mind.