View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 07:54 PM

Back to the OP. What you rec'd was "brace stock" or "brace wood," not "braces," unfinished, finished, whatever. It's just bad copy writing. You are right to be baffled by the unresponsive customer service. A rational response would have been to acknowledge the discrepancy and offer a return and refund of shipping. This stuff happens with online ordering all the time because most companies and customers are a bit sloppy. As for the larger situation -- an instrument supplies company with employees who clearly lack knowledge of the stuff their employer markets -- well, it's America. Many workplaces hire low-paid, inexpert help. Not great for the customer; good for profit margin. I often make an issue of this stuff, and it used to be that most merchants were interested because they wanted to do well and have good service, but it's generally a waste of time these days. I just return stuff. But to be fair, on small items I often explain that the item has virtually no value, while my time is in fac quite valuable, so can I please just get a refund without having to ship back a defective hunk of whatever? This is frequently OK'd. Note: I would never do this for something I intended to keep and use. In those cases, I explain my view and pay for the item!