View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 04:08 AM

Default Alvarez Abt60 Baritone - has anyone got one? your opinion? :)

After just a short time with my Avalon L32C i'm selling it to help some family members who will be struggling this Winter perhaps long into Spring, sad to see it go but i'm glad i at least had some time with it as i'd wanted one for some time. It will i feel be my last Avalon as my next handmade will be something from North America and i have the money for that ready and stashed away but i'd prefer to wait and see how the economy pans out before doing anything with it, things aren't good in the UK atm

Anyway i've been having a look about on the classifieds, eBay and some dealers trying to think what guitar i could buy for the meantime, something sub £400 either new or used. Since the money from my Avalon will be going to help my relatives i need to keep the investment in this one to a minimum, i was trying to decide what i could go for and then i remembered the Alvarez Baritone. I want a Jumbo guitar so it ticks that box, it comes in on budget and being a baritone will work great for alternate tunings which i spend most of my time in But i would really like to hear from any members who have played or own this model especially how it is for finger style, i've only heard it strummed via youtube vids.

cheers

"If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it Chuck Berry" - John Lennon

A fun thing to do at public restrooms is to wait until someone leaves, then click your stopwatch and write something down in a notebook