View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Decisions decisions. That's a tough one. I would imagine the fretboard and binding scheme come into play as well. Nice piece of Amazon RW.
Yes, you are right, I am waiting to see the fret board in there also. The binding is the Celebes ebony with the radial SEA rosewood for purfling. So there will be plenty of ebony to play off of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootis View Post
Hi Tom.

I've been lurking, but not commenting. Congrats on the new build. I'm glad to see that you're back for more! This Texan beauty made by those Texans is shaping up nice and purdy-like.

My first thought was that the rosewood bridge would be better, but after googling "Celebes Ebony" (hint, type "Celebes ebony wood" - you get a bit closer!), I'm thinking that ebony will look good too. Either way, you can't go wrong. Can't wait to see more.
Thanks for lurking....that sentence has probably not been used too often by anyone....and now commenting. I agree, although I might be afraid to google Celebes ebony wood also.....OK, moving right along, the Celebes ebony was cut, bent, and glued into the rosette today, but I have not seen the final product...having thought more about it overnight, with the fretboard, the rosette binding, and the side bindings, the ebony bridge might look best....Ryan is to send pictures with both options and the fretboard when he gets a chance. I will post them and see what y'all think!

Hey, saw your new build listed also, that is some nice Ziricote! Congrats! Looking forward to seeing that one.

Last edited by TomB'sox; 12-05-2016 at 07:09 PM.