View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 07:36 AM

The Taylor solution is a great one, but at the same time there's nothing like a matching endpin to round out a great acoustic. The hole will need to be enlarged to the endpin jack, should you ever decide to go that way, but the procedure should be of little issue to a professional should you ever want it done. And for those DIY-ers out there, don't drill to fit, get yourself a proper set of reamers and do it correctly. Using a hand drill can be a recipe for disaster, particularly if you've only got your two hands - keeping the guitar steady and the drill from moving can be a bit of a challenge, as an OM-21 I had can attest to. The "surgery" was successful, but it's not what I would have called a professional job - sort of an HMO installation.

Guess what I'm saying is, if you're not sure you want a pickup, go with a fine looking wood or ivory endpin. If you want to add the pickup later it shouldn't be an issue.

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be heard. - Proverbs 21:13