View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
I agree with Todd, the problem points towards incorrect neck set geometry. Unfortunately, there's no inexpensive DIY remedy for it. It needs a neck reset.

If you bought the guitar new, you should take it back to the retailer and proceed from there. Since it's not a super expensive instrument, it might be simplest to trade it in for a direct replacement.

If they won't agree to that, sometimes you can get away with sanding down the top of the bridge itself so that you can lower the saddle even further. But that's a stopgap measure at best, and really not the best practice.

Hope this helps.

Wade Hampton Miller
I didn't realise it could be something so serious! A neck reset certainly isn't the news I was hoping for. I'm certainly no expert, but things just aren't adding up and perhaps that would be the explanation. I've had the guitar for 5 years from new, and have taken really good care of it. The cost of a neck reset would not be worth it in my case!

If the neck were incorrectly set up, and needed resetting, what would have caused that?