View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbat View Post
The acoustic sound of the 5th Avenue series will not be troubled by any PU in the top. Or two of them.
This is not a guitar you use for its acoustic capabilities, except for practicing late at night in an hotel room.
Maybe a piezo PU of some sort on the top could add some useful acoustic color to the sound of a magnetic PU. Maybe.
But I can't picture gigging with a microphone in front of a 5th Avenue.
Even the thicker body ones.
YMMV.

(I live in Montreal where you can find the entire Godin line anywhere, and I tested all sort of 5th Avenue models. Sturdy laminate little beasts, can be bought used for not much money. I would own one if only they had a wider neck. But using one acoustically ? No.)
Thanks so much for this perspective! I have found that Soundpure has taken an Eastman mahogany b/s model AR610 and then later installed a Barbera Soloist transducer pick up in their shop. The good news is that it could be a good guitar to use both in front of the microphone or plugged in since in theory the transducer pick up shouldn't compromise the acoustic sound as much as a mounted P90.
On the downside the street price is $1720 (it is all solid tone woods), so obviously a different animal than the Godin.
I've got something for sale right now, maybe I could get this when it sells.
2006 Jubal Jumbo
2016 New Era Crooked Star Prairie State Jumbo
2016 New Era Crooked Star Senorita
2020 Iris Smeck
1972 Guild Killdeer F112-6 Part Deux

Last edited by bayoubengal; 02-14-2017 at 05:12 PM.