View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 09:49 AM
Guest User 971

They are (or were at this time) a Chinese company pumping out guitars for Washburn. I think they also made the Disney guitars for toy stores.

I owned two of them, and also had three others in my possession at one time or another. They don't sound bad at all for what they are. I had both their acoustic dreadnaught and acoustic/electric dreadnaught, and I liked them both. Being all laminated, they are a bit on the heavier side, but not bad. The only thing I truly hated about them is their necks used a butt-joint held into the body of the guitar by only three dowels. I've had two where the necks would separate a bit from the body. I ended up converting both to a bolt-on neck. Also, every single one I had or repaired, I'd replace the saddle with a compensated bone saddle. It really improves the sound on those things. I even gigged with one when my other guitar was having issues that I couldn't rectify before the gig, and it did fine. I've recently donated all the acoustics and sold the acoustic/electric. Not because I didn't like them, but because I was trying to get down to three guitars instead of the seven I had. Any other questions you have about these things, I'd be happy to answer.

Dan