View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 01:40 PM

I think the previous post was a little over negatively opinionated

Hopefully it doesn't put you off Orange. It's just one opinion.

Orange amps have their sound. It's not a generic sound at all ... it's an Orange sound. Many people love the Orange sound. Many people don't. But it's a sound ... as demonstrated by the multitude of major Orange artists.

The Micro Terror range isn't my favourite ... it's loud enough for a small gig or mic'd gig and quiet enough for home use (typical transistor amp really). In fact, it's smallest gigable rig I've seen and can go seriously loud. But it's not a valve amp and doesn't play like one.

I have an Orange Dark Terror and this plays totally different to the Micro Dark Terror. IMO this is where the difference lies in the Terror and Micro Terror range ... the way they play. The Dark Terror is hyper sensitive to guitar settings. If you ride the volume and tone controls of your guitar then this is a great amp to try. You can not get the same play effect from the Micro Dark Terror.

I prefer some of my other amps ... especially my Laney Lionheart ... but sometimes the Orange comes out because it really cuts through any mix (in a good way).

Last edited by Kerbie; 11-24-2017 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Removed masked profanity