View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 03:32 PM

Default New (Harp) Guitar Day!

Hey folks Hope this finds you all well.

My name is Tommy Loose, I'm a musician based in the East of England. I recently picked up my new custom Emerald Synergy X20 Fanned Fret Harp Guitar. I would have posted about it here sooner, but have hardly put it down for the past 6 weeks!

Here's a video of it in action, kindly shot by Alan at the Emerald HQ in Donegal (cheers mate!) :

https://www.facebook.com/EmeraldGuit...4306709551647/

I first met the chaps at Emerald whilst on tour in Ireland back in August 2016. They were kind enough to give me the chance to demo some of their Harp Guitars and shot a video of me playing the (then prototype) X20. I wanted one as soon as I played it. I had a chat with Sean at Emerald HQ who sorted out everything in terms of colour/tuning pegs/pickup info and action requirements/string gauges. I went to pick it up the day before my 30th birthday, that was quite a memorable one to say the least! It was the perfect upgrade from my Lark In The Morning that had served me well for 5 years or so. From the tuning stability, sheer acoustic volume, amazing playability and perfectly designed bevel, it really is proving to do it all. I've gigged it 3 times so far and still feel ten times cooler than I actually am whilst playing it.

Please let me know what you think/if you have any questions about it - the guys at Emerald were super helpful and gracious throughout the entire process. I wasn't allowed to leave the building until I was completely happy with everything from the setup of the action to the addition of the strap lock (thanks Alistair!)

Cheers folks, can't wait to browse this thread and check out what weapons you're all using

Tommy (y)